Central Government Portal provides central and unified access to information resources and electronic public services. Information (advice, guides, descriptions) users are searching for is usually a part of particular government department website.
Central Government Portal focuses on the integration of such information along with electronic public services and provides them to users through a single entry point in an accessible and comprehensive way.
The main purpose of the portal is to guide users to particular public e-service along with the use of relevant information resources.
The digital content of the portal consists of information and electronic services themselves. The concept of the website is governed by following principles:
- The concept of life-events - electronic services are structured according to life situations (e.g. Family, Health, Finance) and categorized into two major target groups (citizens/businesses). Every life situation includes an alphabetical list of available e-services. This concept of life events guides users through the wide content of the portal and helps them to identify the information and e-services they are looking for.
- Virtual centralization - from the user’s point of view the Central Government Portal represents a gateway to all electronic public services in Slovakia. The portal serves as an access to public services across all the departments and levels of public administration from one entry point.
More detailed characteristic of the portal and description of specific parts and functions of the Central Government Portal are stated in the Portal user guide (only in Slovak).
Conditions governing rights, obligations and legal relationships between operator of the Central Government Portal and user are defined in document General conditions of operation of the Central Government Portal (only in Slovak) [.pdf, 519 kB].
Conditions governing rights, obligations and legal relationships between operator of the Central Government Portal and public authorities in providing the services through the Central Government Portal are established by General conditions of providing the services through the Central Government Portal (only in Slovak) [.pdf, 718 kB].
About the project
Central Government Portal is co-financed by the European Union from the means of European Regional Development Fund within projects:
- Electronic services of common modules of the Central Government Portal and access components,
- Electronic services of common modules of the Central Government Portal and access components II.
According to e-Government Act no. 305/2013 Coll. the Central Government Portal is defined as information system of public administration which provides official electronic communication with public authorities through a single access point.
Administrator of the portal is Ministry of Investments, Regional Development and Informatization of the Slovak Republic (MIRRI) and provider of content and e-services is the National agency for network and electronic services (NASES).
NASES as the contributory organisation of Ministry of Investments, Regional Development and Informatization of the Slovak Republic was established in order to fulfill tasks and obligations stipulated by the Act No. 575/2001 Coll. on Government Activity Organization and Central State Administration Organization and by the Act No. 95/2019 Coll. on Information technology in public administration.
In particular, the fulfillment of special tasks in the area of informatization of the society, as well as management and operation of electronic communication networks and services for Ministry of Investments, Regional Development and Informatization of the Slovak Republic.
Until 1st of January 2019, the administrator of the portal was Government Office of the Slovak Republic. Then, until 1st of July 2020 the administrator of the portal was Deputy Prime Minister´s Office for Investments and Informatization of the Slovak Republic, which was transformed, in the meaning of Act No. 575/2001 Coll on Government Activity Organization and Central State Administration Organization, into Ministry of Investments, Regional Development and Informatization of the Slovak Republic.
NASES key tasks are:
- operation and network development of GOVNET,
- operation sTESTA for the Slovak Republic,
- operation and development of the Central Government Portal,
- development of the infrastructure of broadband internet,
- advisory, consultancy and training activity in the field of informatics, information networks, electronic communications networks, information technology.
Activities of NASES agency support the development and expansion of e-Government in Slovakia, which should improve the efficiency of the public administration, simplify the contact between citizens and public authorities, and promote the overall advancement of the society, business community and the general public in the field of informatization.