If you want to work with the Central Government Portal, this guide is for you. It describes basic steps so that you can use the portal for electronic communication with public authorities.
Get eID card*
- What is eID card?
Slovak ID card with an electronic chip.
- What is eID card for?
eID card allow you to log in to the portal slovensko.sk and to your electronic mailbox. It is used for authentication.
- Where do I get eID card?
At any document department of the District Directorate of the Police Force.
- How much will I pay?
Fee exemption can be found in the Annex to the Administrative Fees Act (item 22a).
* For the purpose of authentication, it is also possible to use a residence card with an electronic chip, an alternative authenticator, an authentication certificate or a means of electronic identification from another EU state (eIDAS node).
- Do not forget your BOK (security personal code required for login) of the eID card.
- During applying, be sure to request upload of signing certificates to the eID card chip, which will allow you to create a qualified electronic signature (KEP). You can also apply for certificates online later, more in the User guide (only in Slovak).
- Get your smart card reader - you may get one free at the Document department.
Install the software
- eID client application - for login.
- Drivers - to the card reader.
- Application for qualified electronic signature - for signing.
- You can find all of it in the Download section.
- Electronic services are published by public authorities themselves.
Log in to electronic mailbox
- What is electronic mailbox?
An electronic repository in which electronic messages and notifications are stored. The electronic mailbox allows you to communicate with public authorities electronically.
- What is electronic mailbox for?
The public authorities receive electronic requests from citizens in their electronic mailbox. The citizen's electronic mailbox activated for delivery is intended for receiving electronic decisions from public authorities.
- How do I get electronic mailbox?
If you are more than 18 years old and you are a citizen of the Slovak Republic, you have an electronic mailbox created automatically. If you are not a citizen of the Slovak Republic, you have to fill in an application.
- How much will I pay?
The establishment of electronic mailbox is for free. If you are not a citizen of the Slovak Republic, you will pay for the official verification of your signature upon request (2,87 € at notary office) and for delivery by post (0,65 € for letter, delivery within 2 days).