Both citizens and legal entities are required to file a tax return in person, by post or electronically. If they choose to file the tax return by electronic means, they must sign up for the Financial Administration Portal. Even in this case, the tax return must be filed and the tax must be paid no later than by 31 March.
Responsible: Financial Administration
Estimated time to complete the form: 15 min
- Who is required to file a tax return electronically?
- Signing in
Who is required to file a tax return electronically?
The obligation to file a tax return electronically has:
- taxpayer, who is the payer of value added tax
- the tax adviser for the tax entity he represents
- lawyer for the tax entity he represents in the administration of taxes
- other representative (not mentioned above), representing the taxable person who is the taxable person of value added tax
The first step in submitting the tax return electronically is registering on the Financial Administration portal. Watch the video instructions how to register and sign up on the Financial Administration portal.
- using an eID (a citizen ID with an electronic chip)
- using KEP (electronic signature)
- using the registration form
Upon successful registration, a citizen can sign up for the portal.
Sign-in after registration with the eID
If you sign in with an eID, you may use the option to sign in via the Central Government Portal (www.slovensko.sk).
Sign-in after registration with KEP
If you want to sign in with KEP (electronic signature), click on the sign-in option through the secured electronic signature and sign with your electronic signature.
Sign-in after using registration form
When signing in by using the registration form, select Identifier and Password. Insert the data into the form and continue to the page.
In order for citizens to represent tax subjects, they must be authorized. To do so, click on "Request for authorization" and fill in the appropriate form. Authorization for the subject will only occur after the user has been notified by email. Authorization may take from 24 hours to 10 days.
Dátum poslednej zmeny: 15. 7. 2019
Dátum zverejnenia: 20. 12. 2017