- What operating system is it possible to log in to the Central Government portal?
- What Internet browsers can be used for electronic services that are available through the Central Government portal?
- How can I log in to the portal via an ID card with an electronic chip?
- What to do if I do not know how to log in?
- In Win XP, after inserting an eID card to the card reader, a window will not pop up to enter a personal security code (as with Win 7, 8), how should I proceed?
1. What operating system is required for log in to the Central Government Portal?
You can currently log in to the portal (electronic mailbox) via the eID client application via Windows XP, 7, 8, 10; Mac OSX 10.x.x; Linux (Mint, Ubuntu, Debian).
2. What Internet browsers can be used for electronic services that are available through the Central Government portal?
Electronic services can be used via supported versions of web browsers. A web browser version is supported if its market share in the Slovak Republic is more than 5 %. Supported versions of web browsers can be found in accordance with the Methodological Guideline of the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister of the Slovak Republic for Investments and Informatisation (now the Ministry of Investment, Regional Development and Informatisation of the Slovak Republic) to Decree No 55/2014 of the Ministry of Finance on Standards for Public Administration Information Systems, in particular on the website gemius ranking.
Note: However, for some services, the competent public authority (recipient of electronic submission – institution, office) may require the use of a specific browser. For example, for selected trade register services requiring the signature of the form with a qualified electronic signature, it is necessary to use Internet Explorer.
3. How can I log in to the portal via an ID card with an electronic chip?
To log in, click on the "Enter the portal" feature located in the top right corner of the homepage. Follow the related Guide to Login to the Portal and to the mailbox [.pdf, 1371.1 kB].
4. What to do if I do not know how to log in?
If you are the owner of an ID card with an electronic chip and have correctly installed eID client software applications and card reader application and your problem with logging to the portal persists, please contact our Central Contact Centre via the contact form or on the phone number 02/35803083 on weekdays Monday to Friday from 8.00 to 18.00 and Wednesday until 21.00.
5. In Win XP, after inserting an eID card to the card reader, a window will not pop up to enter a personal security code (as with Win 7, 8), how should I proceed?
Win XP does not display a window to enter a personal security code automatically. The personal security code window will only appear when you click on the “Enter the portal” function.
Last modified: 26. 10. 2021
Publication date: 10. 11. 2015