eIDAS are the European Union rules for electronic identification, authentication, trust services, electronic signatures, electronic seals, electronic time stamps, electronic documents, electronic delivery services for registered shipments, certification services for website authentication, prescribed by Regulation (EU) No 910/2014.
More about eIDAS electronic identification and authentication.
Means of electronic identification from EU countries are accepted gradually, in accordance with the notification process in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 910/2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 July 2014 on electronic identification and trust services for electronic transactions in the internal market and repealing Directive 1999/93/EC (hereinafter referred to as the "eIDAS Regulation"):
• from 28th September 2018:
- Germany - holders of a German identity card or residence card,
• from 10th September 2019:
- Italy - using only the Italian "SPID" system, which does not include the Italian eID (in the year 2021)
• from 7th November 2019:
- Estonia, Croatia, Luxembourg, Spain,
• from 27th December 2019:
• from 28th February 2020:
• from 2nd May 2020:
- United Kingdom - implementation is postponed, co-operation is expected on the United Kingdom side,
• from 13th September 2020:
- Czech Republic - eID (security level "high"),
- Italy - eID (security level "high"),
- The Netherlands - eHerkenning (security levels "advanced", "high")
• from 18th December 2020:
- Slovak Republic - eID, proof of residence of an alien (security level "high"),
- Latvia - eID, eParaksts karte / karte +, eParaksts (mobile identity), (security levels "advanced", "high"),
- Belgium - itsme® mobile application ("high" security level).
• from 8th April 2021:
- Denmark - NemID resources: NemID Key card, mobile app, token, NemID on hardware, IVR - Interactive Voice / Response, Magna card - key card (security level "advanced"),
- Portugal - mobile eID (security level "high").
An up-to-date list of countries involved in the eID scheme notification process can be found on the European Commission's portal.
Holders of a foreign identification tool
You can log in via eIDAS Node on the www.slovensko.sk. This login is for persons who are holders of an identification tool issued in one of the EU member statescountries. In case of slovensko.sk, you can also enter into your electronic mailbox. User guide for the use of the electronic mailbox [.pdf, 1080 kB].
Holders of Slovak eID
Holders of Slovak identity cards with a chip (eID) or Slovak residence card with electronic chip can already use electronic public sector services on portals in the Czech Republic, Belgium, Portugal, Spain, Italy, on the European Commission's portal and in support of European citizens' initiatives. Until 18 December 2020, all EU Member States are obliged to make their electronic services available to citizens of the Slovak Republic and to foreigners residing in the Slovak Republic. You can find more information in the article Slovak eID can also be used on foreign portals (only in Slovak).